We're a bunch of regular people who have been saved by an amazing God. We believe that while our sin is a huge problem, God has an even bigger solution.
God's plan was to send His son Jesus,
who came into our world, died on the cross in our place,
and rose again from the grave to offer us eternal life.
What we believe
We believe in God the Father Almighty,
creator of heaven and earth; Jesus Christ, God's only Son; and the Holy Spirit.
We believe that Jesus was crucified for our sins,
died in our place, and was buried.
We believe that Jesus rose from the dead,
ascended into heaven, and will return one day to judge.
We believe that Jesus offers life and salvation to anyone who trusts in Him;
that salvation is a gift, not by anything we do.
We believe that the Holy Spirit dwells in us;
He transforms us to be like Jesus, He helps us to know God through the Bible,
and He empowers us to take the gospel to the world
Geoff Hearne is to be our vicar, starting from the 4th of October. We look forward to his arrival and are grateful for various locums coming to assist the running of the parish while we await his arrival.
Michael & Kietta Allen have been a part of 'All Saints' for more than a decade. They are passionate about Moree, its community and showing everyone the love of Jesus. Their motto is being 'The hands and feet of Jesus' in every aspect of life.
Michael is committed to seeing the church and her people secure in their identity as God's family and therefore be loosed to fulfil their mission of preaching the gospel faithfully - for God's glory. Kietta is an effervescent leader; her focus is children's ministry and SRE, and believes kids are 'Not the next generation, they are the NOW generation'.
Michael is 'Lay Ministry Leader' of All Saints; Kietta is the SRE co-ordinator.
Rev James Jones was the first resident minister at All Saints Anglican Church Moree in 1888. The foundation stone for our church was laid in 1890 while Rev T.E. Fox was Vicar. Before this, the people of Moree were visited by ministers, mainly from Warialda. The vicarage, which is still in use today, was built in 1907 and renovated in 1976.
In 1935, the original wooden All Saints was demolished and a new brick church was built in 1936. There was a 'hurricane' in 1948 which blew out the west wall of the church. This was repaired with strength in mind; the addition of the Warriors' Chapel, in 1951, gives All Saints multiple areas for services and prayer. In 1976 the Parish Hall was built and remains in frequent use today, the hall is a greatly appreciated addition to the church grounds.
Within our parish is: St Martin's Church at Pallamallawa (built-in 1895), which was rebuilt in 1925 and now called St Mark's, and St John's Church at Terrry Hie Hie established in 1961. In 1911, a church was built in Ashley but became unused in the 1980s.
All Saints Moree